I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

3 down, 1 to go!

It's been hard work, but I finally finished my third chapter. And no wonder it was so excruciating, the thing's 34 pages long! All that amassed in 3-4 days! (OK, OK, also with at least a week and a half of hard work done last summer.)

I have assembled the whole thing and it counts 75 pages, which means I have 20 pages to allot to my last chapter - not so bad - and 5 pages to my conclusion. So that's the work I have to do this week. And I am meeting Lianne on Wednesday. I haven't heard much from her in a while and not a word from Andrew, so I'm a bit insecure seeing that I don't know yet if I'm going in a direction that's all wrong or not. I work with the fear that one of them will come up to me and say, 5 days before I hand it in because I'm so late now, that this is not good, and this needs to be reworked, and where's the abjection?? I work with this fear and do my best to feign it off while I try to concentrate on what's left to do. I also have to start thinking about looking for a job. Ben would say not to think about that now, only concentrate on my MA.

Last Thursday night I went to Cyrille's place for a 5 à 7 (ending at 11) with some friends. Was it ever nice to see people and think about something other than my thesis! When all this is done, I am having an absolutely HUGE party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home