I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

one down, five to go

I've just finished my intro. Now I must start working on my abjection chapter. Mostly rearranging some of what I wrote last summer, and expanding some. I'll be seeing Lianne tomorrow and she's to tell me what she thinks of what I've written so far. I have a meeting with her and Andrew next Friday. I *should* have three more chapters done by then. I really really hope this is not wishful thinking.

The heat wave persists. At least today there's a breeze. I tried buying an A/C yesterday. When we unpackaged it we saw that it was damaged. Corbeil Électroménagers can't even bring me a new one before Thursday, unless I want to pay an extra $35 for a rush delivery today. Why is it that I must pay extra when they're the ones that sell me damaged goods? When I told the Corbeil guy that I was very disappointed by their service, I was honoured with a speech about what great service they offer!

Today is definitely a day to swear profusely and eat a whole lot of chocolate. I'm holding myself back from doing both. That's why this blog ends here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home