I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

still on chapter 2

I met with Lianne and Andrew on Friday. Andrew seems to like what I have so far. He's corrected a few mistakes - I think he can't resist doing so. Of course, I appreciate any corrections. I still have some mods and fine-tuning to do to chapter 1, but I'll get back to that. I must pursue chapter two. I've selected a section from Djuna's first chapter to "close-read." I also want to do the same with a bit of dialogue from the second-to-last chapter. The "words" I think I'll be examining are "bow down" from N and "turn the wrong end of the gun" from H. I also brought up to Lianne and Andrew that I might be interested in doing a PhD, but only if I get a scholarship. I'm not interested in working & studying part-time again as I did throughout my MA. They said it would be possible, especially if I go to the States. Plus, my bilingualism and my "foreign" Canadian status could help me get into comparative Lit departments. I've started looking at universities situated in or near cities where Ben can be transferred. I have found two of interest. We'll see... First things first, and first comes a strong MA thesis. Unfortunately, I really don't feel like working today. I know what's to so, but today I rather just crawl back to bed. One day, some day, this self-discipline will pay off...

BTW, Ben started his new job yesterday and it seems to suit him quite well. I'm happy for him. He's been dressing up, looking very fine :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home