I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Apple Revolution!

I'm writing this post on my brand new lovely iBook. It's white. It's beautiful. And it's mine! Plus, it's extra light, which is very important to me. It's actually lighter than most of my school books. It's lovely!!!

Right now I'm connected by network. I haven't figured out how to connect wireless-ly. I must get in touch with Pat and ask him how to do that.

I must say, this blogspot interface looks a bit different on a Mac. There are less features. How do I href a link? It's like my options have vanished. Is that what's in store for me? I must sacrifice some options in order to have a better and faster computer? Mmm...

As for school, the point is to be able to leave my apartment to work & write. I can now write my thesis in the park!
I've been re-reading Kristeva's work on abjection. I've also been realizing that a lot of the work I did last Fall, so where I left off, is not useless but not exactly useful either. I'm thinking I need to redirect my work a bit. More on that fun stuff later!
Now, I must make the supper. Hamburgers.
miaammmm :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence!
As you now know, because I sent you an email yesterday, I have plugged my brain in a brand new machine as well. Been synchronizing my brain wavelengths with the WAN ethernet card since Monday. And indeed, we came to the same conclusions at about the same time: that is, sometimes we need to be able to draw a line between a work space, and a homely space. At least in my case that's partly what motivated the move from desktop to laptop. And indeed Ju, wireless connectivity is pretty cool. You need to get up to date with that. Hell, I even unwired my home! and plus the wireless thing, in technological time, is pretty old news. I felt like a backwater idiot farmer asking the clerk if we would be able to have that wireless technology at home any time soon. "Sure" the guy said "is two years ago soon enough for ya?"
I'm not about to make the move to Mac though. That would be like learning to drive on the right (as opposed to left, not wrong) side of the street; simply wouldn't feel right (ok, easy on the puns).

s

2:05 p.m.

 
Blogger julie said...

Hey Franco S!
Yeah, I did get your email even if I didn't reply. As for myself, my new laptop status will not affect my reply rate! ;-)
Apple is not like learning how to ride a bike all over again. A few differences you have to get used to, but all in all much easier and logical. I used to use a Mac during my undergrad, ages ago! They're as yummy as a computer can be...
Hope to see you around soon!
Oh, and honours for being my first commentator:-D
ju

6:02 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home