I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Friday, April 22, 2005

finished

Just came back from handing in my two last final assignments. I'm a bit surprised I've succeeded in finishing up everything before the ridiculously early 4 PM closing time of the TESL reception, where assignments are to be dropped off.

Now I'm waiting for a huge vague of emptiness to fill me. How soon will a constant impression of being disoriented overcome me? Tonight I have two parties. Tomorrow we change the kitchen floor. Then, spring clean-up. A week will pass and then I'll have to resume my work on my thesis for real. No joke. No procrastination.

Two days ago I got a call from QC's Ministry of Education, saying there's an opening somewhere and if I'm interested to please send my cv. Now how often does your government call you asking for your résumé? I'd be flattered if I weren't convinced that they have to do such stuff. They must have quotas. They must offer a number of temp jobs to graduating students everywhere just to show that they're encouraging the job market. Anyway, wouldn't that be a weird dilemma: do I go for a very secure job with the government or do I feign it, finish my thesis while I keep sapping off my boyfriend and complain about being dependent of him. I must admit, I'm leaning towards the second option. I don't want a steady job right now... I want to finish my MA, go to France this summer and find a sweet teaching position starting next fall! Goddammit! Is that too much to ask for?

Actually, immediately, I just want to change my pants. I've been wearing the same ones for the past five days and it's tired now.
And I want to eat peanuts. Why aren't there ever any peanuts around the house when they're most needed?

Bon, fini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home