I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Friday, July 15, 2005

i am ready to be in a spy movie!

Seems that in every spy movie I've seen there's a journalist chick who's doing research on microfilm in a darkened back room of some library. Well after having spent part of the day doing just that (albeit in broad day light in an open space at the National Library of Quebec), I'm ready for the scripts! Bring'em on!

Anne had mentioned a (not-so-positive) Globe and Mail review of her book dating back 1999. For some reason, the Globe and Mail doesn't offer their archives online, which is why I had to spend some time at the library with a friendly librarian explaining to me how the whole process of viewing and then printing works. But I found what I was looking for. Any quote I can find pertaining to Anne can help me weight my argument. The Globe and Mail quote is to underline the eerie effect the book has. I'll be using it in my intro.

Speaking of which, I haven't worked on it yet. I'm a bit nervous. Now that I know where I'm going, and with such detail too, I'm feeling a bit nervous. Like I'm on the edge of the high board and I'm suppose to plunge (not just jump, or worse: bomb!) into the deep end. But then again, I must finish 4 chapters including my intro in the two next weeks, so I'm sure the stress of getting it done will have me diving off the board in a graceful swan-like fashion in a very short while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home