I have decided to blog my ongoing work on my MA thesis. As with most graduate students, I'm sure, the whole thing is taking much longer than expected.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Writing an MA thesis...

... is hard!

But I'm glad to share with you all that I have started my "pee" on _Hush_. For those who are unaware of the process of peeing, it was suggested to me by Chantal Nadeau during my undergrad and I have found it to be a very good method. To pee is to put on paper everything that comes to mind about a specific topic, theory, book and so on. To make sure I get everything down that might be useful for the final thesis-product, my pee process with _Nightwood_ & _Hush_ is to re-read the book, keyboard at hand. I note down everything that strikes me as interesting, page by page (or, rather, paragraph by paragraph). I also transcribe passages from the book that would be interesting quote material and, of course, elaborate on anything I wish, letting my mind wander with the hopes that some insightful thought will find its way on the page and after in my thesis. I then print out and re-read my notes and organize them by theme, that I then order into the first draft of the chapter in question. This process works well, but it is quite long when doing it in-depth, as I am, on such long and especially complicated novels.

Of late, my brain tires quickly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I feel that I'm starting to fall for her sister. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] Yet every day, in thousands of dental offices employees show up for work and go through the motions of their assigned positions, produce unsatisfactory results, and yet we wonder why nothing ever changes or improves. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose chilliwack[/url] Doyhahshx
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelet charms[/url] Wxqkmldrz [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] pnzzpvdum

5:39 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home